AEGIS currently has 44 Guardianship Organisation members.
AEGIS accreditation and membership will enable you to:
- Be part of an organisation which receives the support of the BSA, HMC, GSA, IAPS, SHMIS, ISA, The Independent Schools Council, the British Council, Social Services, the DfE, the BIS and Child Safe.
- Be inspected and accredited by impartial, objective and highly qualified, experienced independent school inspectors to demonstrate that your organisation offers legally compliant and best practice in all areas of guardianship.
- Be part of the promotion of organisations by the AEGIS Advisory Committee, the British Council and governmental and non-governmental organisations with influence in child welfare matters.
- Have a voice in national policy relating to the care of international students through representations of the Advisory Committee.
- Work with the many schools who as a result of DfE and Social Services recommendations, will now only recommend the official AEGIS list of accredited Guardianship Organisations.
- AEGIS is a registered body with the DBS and will process the completed forms for its members. This service is only available to fully accredited Guardianship Organisations or school members. AEGIS makes an admin charge of £5 per application which is invoiced monthly. Any charge made by the DBS will also be invoiced. However, the checking of the required documentation and the DBS application forms is to be undertaken by the Guardianship Organisation or school. AEGIS completes section Y as the registered body and sends to the DBS.
- AEGIS is now offering DBS form processing for Guardianship Organisations on the Applicant List at a fee of £10 per applicant.
- Use AEGIS logo on stationery and promotional material.
- Enable your Guardianship Organisation profile to be listed and promoted on our website and in AEGIS literature, available for overseas families choosing an Educational Guardian.
- Provide you with a network of colleagues and professionals and the chance to attend AEGIS workshops and conferences.